2 Day Course – STEP UP to the most challenging non-professional dive course
Continue your diving education beyond Advanced Open Water to the next level of diver awareness. The PADI Rescue Diver course is widely considered the most challenging of the PADI dive qualifications. Learn dive related in-water first aid techniques along with self and buddy rescue. Expand on your dive skills & education and bring your confidence to new levels.
Benefits of completing your PADI Dive Rescue course with Goat Island Dive & Snorkel
Course schedule - Run over 1 weekend Saturday/Sunday + First Aid
- PADI E-Learning pre course study
Day 1 - Goat Island
- Course orientation at Goat Island Dive & Snorkel
- Theory review
- Pool review
- Confined water training: Self Rescue, Stress management, First Aid Equipment & procedures, Managing an Emergency, Equipment problems, Recognizing rescue situations, Swimming & non swimming assists, Panicked diver response, Rescuing an unconscious diver, In-water respiration, First aid procedures for pressure related injuries, Exits/egresses, Equipment removal and Dive accident scenarios.
Day 2 - Outer Gulf Island
- Rescue Scenarios -refining the techniques you have learned from day 1, then practicing them with different rescue scenarios, this includes how to plan a search for a missing diver, how to surface an unresponsive diver, how to strip a diver of his equipment while providing him with rescue breaths and how to exit the water with an unconsciousness diver
- PADI Rescue Diver certification
Included in the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel Rescue Diver course
- PADI Rescue E-Learning programme
- Your certification card
- Quality instruction
- All boat charter costs
- Cylinder fills
$549 (Equipment can be hired at a 50% discount for the duration of the course)
- Minimum age of 15 years
- Your PADI Advanced Open Water Certification or equivalent
- The student diver must have successfully completed a sanctioned course in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR-Primary Care) and basic first aid (Secondary Care) within the past 24 months
- All students must sit a basic dive medical within the last 12 months. Complete this medical form and see your local physician. Contact Goat Island Dive & Snorkel for information on local physicians if you are from out of town
- Willing to set time aside for Self-study preparation
- Your personal fitness is key for this course. The fitter you are, the more you will get out of the course
Rescue Diver Course Schedule
No courses planned but please email or call to see what we can arrange for you.
To book a PADI Rescue Diver course with Goat Island Dive & Snorkel, please complete a click here and we will be in touch with you to confirm. Please ensure you have completed this medical form to ensure you are fit to dive.
So what’s the Rescue Course really like? Ask our customers
“The Rescue Diver course was definitely the most challenging, but also the most enjoyable and rewarding dive course I have done. Chris and the team at Goat Island Dive & Snorkel made it thorough and quite tough but also highly enjoyable!” David Pearce, Auckland
“The Instructor is very capable and professional. The dive site is also very nice and conveniently located.” Shahriman Ghazali, Leigh
“I found GID to be thorough with the training and very professional in their approach to diver safety, and I had a great time!” Kevin Lyall, Auckland