GO PRO! Become a PADI Divemaster with Goat Island Dive & Snorkel
Benefits of training with Goat Island Dive & Snorkel
- Students get hands on experience in real PADI training, dive leading and shop operations. There's no role playing - you do it all yourself - making you a better divemaster
- Learn from the best! We only employ experienced PADI Instructors chosen for their professionalism and teaching ability, ensuring you are taught to the highest level
- Train at fantastic dive sites, New Zealand’s first marine reserve and Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf islands
- Dive in comfort off our customised 13m dive boat
- Walk away with training for diving in temperate water conditions, ensuring you are employable from your thorough internship experience
PADI Divemaster Course Structure
- Self-study PADI E-Learning
- Call Kerry for dates and details
- Practical skills - hands on training experience with PADI Courses, Dive/Snorkel Centre Operations and Outer Gulf Dive Charters
The Divemaster Course is split into several sections:
1. Self-study and Dive Theory
- Completed online using PADI E-Learning
- Knowledge development segments and reviews are completed before your course starts
- Final exams will conducted on the first day of the course
2. Stamina Exercises and Rescue Evaluation
- Evaluated by your instructor in the beginning of the DM Course
3. Confined Water Skills and Dive Skills
- Evaluation developing demonstration-quality skills
- Mapping project
- Equipment exchange
- Divemaster conducted programmes
4. Practical Skills
- Developing professionalism with hands-on and real customer experience
- Participation in a range of PADI Dive courses and supervisory situations with certified divers
*Please contact Goat Island Dive & Snorkel to arrange a suitable course schedule
Included in the PADI Divemaster course:
PADI Divemaster Course Price
If you are using your own equipment for the course it must have been serviced within the last 12 months. This equipment must pass an inspection by the Training Manager and comply with the Equipment Standard list (see below).
If you prefer to hire your equipment for the entirety of the course you may do so at a rate of $999 in addition to the course price. Please note your safety and accessory equipment is not available for hire
PADI Divemaster Course Candidate Prerequisites:
What you need to supply?
Required Equipment for DM Candidates*
Weight system and weights
Adequate thermal protection suitable for NZ (5mm or 7mm)
Open heel dive fins and boots
Mask and snorkel
Dive Bag to include all gear accessories including: gloves, primary dive torch & backup, dive knife, safety sausage, signal device for topside and underwater.
*Quality dive gear is a necessity to reach the professional level of diving that you are striving for. At the Rescue Diver level, and as an aspiring PADI Professional each individual diver should own his or her own dive equipment.
If you do not have your own equipment, we have top line dive packages that can be tailored to fit you as an individual and your specific diver needs.
Goat Island Dive & Snorkel will give you all the information and training you need to complete your course to a safe and very high standard. We will only use fully qualified Instructors chosen for their professionalism and ability to teach scuba. If weather hampers completion of your course we can re-book you on another scheduled course (availability permitting).