The Guided Snorkel Tours
at Goat Island Marine Reserve
The Guided Snorkel Experience is a snorkel lesson and guided tour with the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel PADI Divemasters.
one of the Top 10 Activity's to do in Auckland
The Guided Snorkel is fantastic for all experience levels. For those who are new to snorkeling and swimming, our Divemasters keep you safe and comfortable. For those who have experience snorkeling we focus on enhancing your skills while exploring the hot spots.
Goat Island Dive & Snorkel can cater for groups sizes up to 90 people per day. Click here if you are a School group.
* For group bookings larger than 10, please phone 09 422 6925 or email email@example.com to book.
- Allow between 2 - 2.5 hours. Bookings are essential so make sure you call 09 422 6925 to check availability
- Allow plenty of extra time for travel (especially weekends). Traffic often held up at Johnson Hill Tunnel.
- Meeting place is at Goat Island Dive & Snorkel not the beach (just above the Leigh Sawmill Cafe) at the scheduled time (please don't be late as it holds the rest of the snorkelers up). Our friendly team will fit you with comfortable snorkel equipment - click here to view our location
- You will then drive your own vehicle 3 kms down to the Marine Reserve where you will meet your Guide.
- The experience starts with tips on basic (or advanced) snorkel techniques. We share the history of Goat Island and introduce you to the marine life you are likely to meet at New Zealand's first marine reserve, Goat Island
- Under the supervision of your PADI Divemaster, your off snorkeling in the Goat Island Marine Reserve. Your guide will ensure that you stay safe and comfortable at all times, whatever experience level you have
- You will be part of a natural aquarium, myriads of colourful fish and marine life including blue maomao, huge snapper, eagle and sting rays, blue cod, octopus, kahawai and well as crayfish. Sometimes dolphins or orca visit the reserve and will often play with the snorkelers, this might be your day!
- You can pick up an underwater camera or smartphone waterproof cases from the Goat Island Dive & Snorkel shop
The Goat Island Guided Snorkel Experience Includes:
- A Guided Snorkel led by one of our PADI Divemasters
- All snorkel equipment hire included (mask, snorkel, fins, 3mm full length wetsuit and a floating device if needed)
- Book online and keep your equipment for the rest of the day, so you can explore after your tour.
Guided Snorkel Experience Course Prerequisites:
- A minimum age of 6 years (kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Flotation boogie boards are supplied for added safety
- For online bookings see calendar bellow
- For bookings with special requirements or alternative dates clicking here.
- We will require your credit card details, but your payment will not be processed until the day of your booking, as our guided snorkel experience is a weather dependent activity
- The experience is subject to availability and a minimum of 2 persons
- Please let us decide if the weather conditions are suitable. We have 15 years experience with access to accurate weather forecasting information, we know when the snorkeling is good
- We require a minimum of 24 hours notice for any cancellation for any reason
Also a GREAT Gift voucher idea!