Become a certified Scooter/DPV diver!
If you want to make the most of your bottom time and have more fun on your dives, try underwater scooter or diver propulsion vehicle (DPV) diving. In this underwater scooter and DPV course, you will learn the skills and concepts you need to safely plan and conduct dives using scooters or DPVs. You will learn the special precautions needed for using DPVs, how to maintain buddy contact and how to control your equipment, so you can safely enjoy the new dive experiences DPVs provide. Upon completion of this program, you will earn the SSI Scooter/DPV Diving specialty certification and be able to dive up to 30 meters deep with a scooter or DPV.
Glide effortless through the blue!
Here are the benefits you can expect from attending this training program:
- Increase your distance and the fun under water by using a Scooter / DPV.
- Learn how to handle a Scooter / DPV under water safely and effectively.
- Gain the knowledge how to maintain your Scooter / DPV properly for increased longevity and performance.
To sign up to and gain the specialty certification you will need to complete the practical dives and make sure the following requirments are met.
- Minimum age 12yrs.
- Complete the required 1 pool/confined water session.
- Complete the required 2 open water dives.
- Be a certified open water diver or higher.
If you have not registered with SSI, we will get you all signed up. We will require some details from you, Full name, Email and Date of birth. You will receive an email from SSI to begin your theory.
If you are already registered with SSI keep an eye on your email as you will be notified once, you are signed and ready to go.