Become a certified dry suit diver!
Drysuit diving opens up a world of opportunities, including diving remote Arctic destinations and exploring cold-water dive sites teeming with life. Dry suit diving also keeps you warm on multi-dive days when you do not want to spend your time getting in and out of a cold wetsuit. The SSI Dry Suit Diving specialty program is the best way to become a dry suit diver and teaches you all the knowledge and techniques you need to dive safely and comfortably in a dry suit.
You will learn how to use specialized equipment, like dry suits and BCs, the benefits of dry suits and how to deal with dry suit emergencies – which are unique to this type of diving. Upon completion, you will earn the SSI Dry Suit Diving specialty certification.
Comfort and warmth on every dive!
Here are the benefits you can expect from attending this training program:
- Learn the knowledge and techniques needed to safely and comfortably dive in a dry suit.
- Practice using specialized equipment, like dry suits and BCs.
- Develop new dry suit skills and practice emergency techniques.
To sign up to and gain the specialty certification you will need to complete the practical dives and make sure the following requirments are met.
- Minimum age 12yrs.
- Complete the required 1 pool/confined water session.
- Complete the required 2 open water dives.
- Be a certified open water diver or higher.
Dry Suit Diving
If you have not registered with SSI, we will get you all signed up. We will require some details from you, Full name, Email and Date of birth. You will receive an email from SSI to begin your theory.
If you are already registered with SSI keep an eye on your email as you will be notified once, you are signed and ready to go.